The task was to evaluate under which conditions it was possible to produce different forms of artistic and music events inside the nave of the Grand Palais. The feasibility study integrates both the particular architectural features of the historical monument and the functional, acoustical and scenographic constraints of each type of event.
The project was carried out in various steps:
- Acoustical diagnosis of the Grand Palais nave from in situ measurements;
- Elaboration of a 3D computer model of the nave;
- From the acoustic measurements and computer model study results, analysis of the different options for the spatial distribution and characteristics of the scenic and public spaces;
- Description of the necessary arrangements for each type of event and their impact on the architecture, the overall functionality, the installation time and cost;
- Consulting advise for the realization of a big scale symphonic music concert.